“Gratitude turns what we have into enough.” It may just be the most important habit in your life.
The Gratitude Journal makes practicing gratitude easier by giving you a clear structure. Feeling grateful is more important than writing things down because, in order for gratitude to work, you have to be truly grateful for the things you write down. But don’t worry if you don’t feel it at the beginning. As with everything, it takes a bit of practice.
Here’s how it works:
- In the morning, write down three things you are grateful for today. *Hint: It may be really anything, even something trivial as your hair color, height or shoe size. Try to think of something new every single day.
- next, write down three things you look forward to today, this helps you plan your day and facilitates the feeling of anticipation.
- At the end of the day, write down three amazing things that happened to you. *Hint: Again, it may be anything. Someone you bumped into, a call from a friend, the delicious kebab you’ve had for lunch.
- Next, think about the one thing that would have further improved your day. This adds a layer of reflection and enables you to move forward.
- Finish the day by indicating your overall mood. Keep this sheet in order to look back at it whenever needed.
- The whole gratitude journal may be used as a way of documenting your life and keeping track of the highlights in your life.
Don’t take things too seriously, but don’t let the template die in your downloads folder. Come back anytime and most of all: have fun!
Let me know if you can think of further improvements. Cheers
Keywords: gratitude journal template pdf, 5 minute journal, thankful journal printable